Friday, November 20, 2009

Made & Sold - book review

I like books.

A lot.

And I particularly like pretty books.

So when our lovely friends at Gordon Harris asked if we’d like to take a gander at a book they got in recently… well, let’s just say I didn’t need my arm twisted…

Made & Sold is a very pretty, glossy book showcasing a wide variety of projects

(one of the only things I like more than books is projects!).


This book shares a philosophy with Love Handmade – that quirky objects and shiny things are much more fun if it’s clear that someone really enjoyed making them…

It’s an eclectic celebration of glorious and eccentric art. Inside are over FIVE HUNDRED exciting graphic projects – covering buttons, t-shirts, plushies, jewellery, vinyl toys, canvases, flipbooks, crockery, and even paper craft taxidermy.


(…and OMG! Bags!)


With 1000 pictures crammed into 240 pages, it’s perfect for inspiring new ways to market your ‘brand’ and a great way to shake yourself out of a creative slump.


(I WANT that Cernunnos pendant…)





Made & Sold is available at Gordon Harris.


Alana
xox

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I want one! That's definitely going on my chrissy list ;)

    ReplyDelete