Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ah, Holiday time.

So much free time - but what to do with it?

Well, I tend to make stuff.

Here are a few links to patterns/tutorials that I have saved to my favourites list...

Click on the images to be taken to the applicable website...

A collection of easy-to-make paper toys - designed by Marilyn Scott-Waters - including instructions for these supercool Koi Kites!


The sweet "Child" cloth doll pattern, by Mary Tressler.

(A word of advice - If you've never made a cloth doll before - don't try doing the individual fingers in this pattern. Adapt the hand into a "mitten" shape instead. Much less infuriating, trust me.)


Assorted Free patterns (including Meri the Merbaby) at Dollmakers Journey. there are some very simple projects here - some may even be simple enough to distract the children...


And Art Jewelry magazine's website has some very cool projects and articles (and not all aimed at beginners - which I like)


Have a happy and safe holiday - and have lots of fun creating.
I know I will.

Alana
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment